Thursday, August 24, 2006

I've trained my dog to clean up the yard


I don't actually have a photo of him cleaning up the yard, so this bathtub shot will have to do. Anyway, Copilot and I have a new routine. When I take him out back to play fetch, he's required to bring a stick (the yard is, or should I say was, littered with sticks) before I'll throw his tennis-ball-with-a-raccoon-tail-attached for him. I'm very proud of this. I'd like to think that it puts me in B.F. Skinner territory, but I'd probably be overestimating my positive reinforcement skills.

I do have to say, though, the yard is looking better these days.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this picture before or after the bath?

6:06 AM  
Blogger Tommy said...

ehehh, heh, hehhh...

Does that sound like sarcastic laughter? That's what I was going for, but it's hard to know how to type sarcastic laughter. Anyhow, the answer is: during the bath.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home