Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I've been published!


Well, sorta. A letter I recently sent to the Portland Mercury's "I, Anonymous" column, which you can read here, concerning my recent experience on Fremont street (in my old hood, no less!) was printed this week. They edited it with what must have been a rusty nail file, just really hacked it to death. I figured they'd cut it down a bit, but I didn't think they'd mangle it like they did. I guess I've never dealt with editors, and that's probably a good thing. Read their version, then read mine a few posts down.

I do have to say, though, that I like the "repeat offender" graphic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Virago said...

Ah, they didn't hack it that bad. They cut some stuff. But the spirit's still there and they didn't change your words, so you got off easy. And though they cut some lovely turns of phrase, it still works. The fact that they left in the bit about the eight inches of throbbing repeat offender is actually pretty damn amazing. And they even enhanced it with a phallic graphic!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dr.virago said it well. It is short, but sweet, Linda

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home